On April 17, 2020 I delivered a lecture for InternetMedicine.com entitled “Anesthesiology in the Time of COVID.” The material covered is directed at both healthcare professionals and laypersons. You can access the lecture on YouTube at:
- ICU/INTUBATING ANESTHESIA DUTY
- ANESTHESIA MACHINES as VENTILATORS
- RATIONING VENTILATORS, and the ICU SOFA SCORE
- BAY AREA VS NEW YORK. DIFFERENCES IN COVID RATES
- UNDEREMPLOYED ANESTHESIOLOGISTS NOW
- REOPENING ANESTHESIOLOGY AFTER THE SURGE
The lecture identifies the most famous anesthesiologist in the world, discusses highlights of the last three American Society of Anesthesiologists COVID Town Hall Zoom webinars, and looks forward to how currently underemployed anesthesiologists, who are waiting on the sidelines because of the COVID cancellations of elective surgery, can and will return to work safely in the near future.
Access the lecture here.